Complaint Review: US Cellular

• Updated: Sat, October 23, 2010

• Reported By: Mary — Myrtle Beach South Carolina United States of America
US Cellular
Chicago, Illinois United States of America

US Cellular did not honor the rebates for my phone nor my modem Chicago, Illinois

US Cellular advertises online that you will get back a certain amount rebate when purchasing a phone & contract (in my case $50), as well as for the modem for purchasing it and signing up for broadband internet services. I followed the directions to fill and send out the forms (separately for more than one rebate) along with the receipts and upc codes. I received two separate responses in the last few weeks stating I was ineligible for the rebates. I just sent a second email complaining, after having received the second ineligibility notice, requesting a detailed explanation. I am still waiting for a response from the first time, a few weeks back. I think it should be illegal to advertise that you will get a rebate and then not get it, especially after you've already committed yourself to the contract. The rebates were part of the attraction and reason I went with US Cellular.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2010 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Cellular/Chicago-Illinois-60631-3486/US-Cellular-did-not-honor-the-rebates-for-my-phone-nor-my-modem-Chicago-Illinois-654456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Cellular