• Report: #201032

• Submitted: Fri, July 14, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, July 14, 2006

• Reported By:Chicago Heigts Illinois
US Cellular
www.uscellular.com Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

US Cellular Insurance Scam ripoff Chicago Illinois

I would like to start by saying, I am not interested in getting in a debate, I have read other posts and some of you should either get into law or a life, whatever fits. I will ignore any rambling non-productive rebuttals, so do us all a favor and save your fingers the effort.

I will break this down simple and try not to ramble either.

The housing screw fell out of my Razor (crap) phone, I located the screw and and the hole was stripped.

The phone worked fine, however, you had to pinch the housing where the screw was missing, this was a pain in the butt so I took advantage of the insurance and brought it to the service center in my area.

The place was a mad house (was not the weekend, Thursday at 3:00 PM)this place had to be close to capacity. I took this as a bad sign, obviously I wasn't the only one with an issue. Regardless, I waited in line for an hour, they took my phone and another hour later I was paged. They said it had to be sent in and gave me a loaner. They needed to make a copy of my license, they took it and I waited another 15 minutes, finally I asked the guy who took it (he was talking sports with another employee while I stood there)and he said "oh yeah, sorry hold on" well he lost it and I was pissed, however, yelling at these apes does nothing so I left, two days later I got it in the mail.

The loaner was chipped and banged to hell and the battery only held a 15 minute on-call charge.

After Four weeks I called customer service and was dished a big plate of apathy.

Three days after that, I received the post card notifying me phone was ready (why they can't call is beyond me).

I went to the aforementioned service center and waited another 30 minutes (still packed to the gills at 8PM on a Tuesday) handed them the loaner and waited 45 minutes, finally I went back up to the window and the crack head working their (same guy that lost my license) said oh here, it was sitting here the whole time she (pointing to a girl socializing at the register) was supposed to notify you.

Well my phone was RUR'd (Returned un-repaired) due to water damager which is crap, I have never had it in the rain, I carry it in a protective case, I do not bring it in the shower with me, I am aware of the damage steam can cause. Before all you solder iron heads start with your "well actually's". I was a Motorolan Bench Tech for 6 years; I am very familiar with "RUR's" and the repair process of communication devices.

I took the unit apart and there is NO water damage, all it needs is the housing framework to accomodate where the screw was missing. This is either a case of apathetic customer service neglect or an insurance scam of sorts.

I am sick of apathy, I am sick of being taken advantage of and I am sick of feeling helpless against organizations.

What I want is not some mind numbing rebuttal of an obviously bored individual (again you'll be ignored, I won't read it). I want someone here to give me a plan, or send me the addresses of the executive staff so I can mail this complaint weekly to their offices.

Chicago Heigts, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2006 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Cellular/Chicago-Illinois/US-Cellular-Insurance-Scam-ripoff-Chicago-Illinois-201032. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Cellular