Complaint Review: US Cellular

• Reported By: occhealthrn — Ridgeley West Virginia United States of America
US Cellular
Cumberland, Maryland United States of America

US Cellular Detailed Billing Cumberland, Maryland

*Consumer Comment: The best petition in the world.

*Consumer Comment: Me Too

*Author of original report: other carriers

*Consumer Comment: Go online

*Consumer Suggestion: I don't think so.

*Consumer Comment: Detailed billing

US Cellular will not provide a customer with detailed billing. In order to get the information of a deatiled bill (who calls, texts, etc). You must have a supeona even if the account is in your own name.

So since I need a detailed bill of my teenagers phone activity. I have to pay a lawyer, file a case and get a supeona. It will run me about $500 to find out something that other cell carriers offer to their customers for a nominal fee (usually $10).

If I want out of my contract, it will cost me $450 to go to another carrier. so instead I am waiting until this contract is up and just cancel it.

I believe this is just another of US Cellulars bait and trap procedures...........

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2010 07:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Cellular/Cumberland-Maryland-/US-Cellular-Detailed-Billing-Cumberland-Maryland-565654. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Cellular

The best petition in the world.

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

The best petition you can sign is a contract with a different carrier!  Leave them for another carrier that provides the service you want-don't forget to tell them WHY you are leaving them.

Me Too

AUTHOR: MeToo - (United States of America)

I also have US Cellular and i have requested detailed billing and for the bill to show everything but was turned down. i get detailed billing but only shows my outgoing calls not my incoming, i want billing that shows evrything and yes AT&T and SPRINT both do the detailed billing that shows everything. i think it is our right as a customer and a parent to have this ability to view our bills, especially in the safty of our children it is clear US Cellualr does not care about their customers or the safety of our children. i think this is something US Cellular needs to look into. when you call and ask them they claim it is FCC law but it is not if it was NO company could offer this service. and caller ID would be illegal as well. i9 think someone needs to start a petition to get the detailed billing with US Cellular that we want.  i would gladly sign it.

other carriers

AUTHOR: occhealthrn - (United States of America)

Yes At&T will allow you to go online to read texts, calls, etc. There is an extra fee for this monthly service (a co-worker of mine has AT&T). She even showed me.

As for US Cellular, they quoted privacy laws but will not even let a person see their outgoing texts without a supeona. I had a lawyer contact them once and this is what the legal department told him.

Go online

AUTHOR: brownsong - (USA)

I have AT&T and I can get see everything, incoming or outgoing calls by going online. Have you tried accessing you account online? I have never heard of not being able to access online. Good luck.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

I don't think so.

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

"NONE of the phone companies can provide incoming calls or messages per the FCC due to privacy reasons."

You are mistaken.  If this were true, caller ID would be illegal.  Some companies WILL provide this information-some free, some at additional cost.  The actual messages will not be provided, but the telephone numbers of the incoming calls are available with other companies.  Heck, I can access my verizon wireless account and SEE the incoming telephone numbers.  Further, I can go back at least 6 months and see the incoming telephone numbers.

Detailed billing

AUTHOR: Jen - (U.S.A.)

Ok, lets clear a few things...US Cellular does provide detailed billing. By law, they can & will provide all outgoing calls & outgoing messages if a customer wishes to receive. NONE of the phone companies can provide incoming calls or messages per the FCC due to privacy reasons. Soooo, yes if it is the incoming calls you need, you do need a subpeona. The same is true with the other carriers, so changing carriers won't solve that issue for you.

You should give your full story before trying to blast a company especially when you don't umderstand the reasons behind it.

Yes, I work for cellular phone company, (not US Cellular...though I was a customer of theirs before I worked for a cell phone co.) but we have the same policy....so the info i provided is true.

Of course you would pay a early termination fee if you cancel before the contract is out & you would be an idiot if you thought differently.