Complaint Review: US Cellular

• Submitted: Thu, August 14, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 14, 2008

• Reported By:Farlington Kansas
US Cellular
uscellular.com Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

US Cellular I have to move due to finding a job after TWO years of unemployment. I called US Cellular to notify them and see if I could still get service in the new area. They said they have NO service in the area I'm moving to and if I move, I have to pay THEM a 60.00 fee for terminating my service early. RIDICULOUS. They are punishing ME for finding WORK?? RIPOFF Tulsa OK

*Consumer Comment: Weak excuse

*Consumer Comment: Weak excuse

*Consumer Comment: Consumer Reports frequently publishes extensive reports on celular services & tests their phones

*Consumer Comment: US Cellular Is The Worst

I have been unemployed and trying desperately to find work for TWO years. I finally found work in a Missouri town about 50 miles from where I live in Kansas. I've had US Cellular service for FOUR years and always paid on time or EARLY. I've had numerous dropped calls and bad service but NEVER complained. Now, that I have to move for my job which starts MONDAY, I called them to see if I would still have service 50 miles from where I live now. They said, they have NO SERVICE in that area and IF I move and cancel my service....I must pay them $60.00. UNREAL. I REFUSE to pay them ANYTHING for NOT having service in an area where I fINALLY found work!

Ms. g
Farlington, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 07:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Cellular/Tulsa-Oklahoma/US-Cellular-I-have-to-move-due-to-finding-a-job-after-TWO-years-of-unemployment-I-called-362780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Cellular

AUTHOR: Qpid_red23 - (U.S.A.)

"Wait a minute....YOU are mad because YOU chose to move to another location outside of US Cellular's service area? YOU signed the contract to begin with, YOU made the agreement & then didn't/couldn't keep up your end of the bargain.

Did your landlord let you walk away with no fees/penalties for leaving early just because poor little you was unemployed for two years and FINALLY got a job in another state? NO.

$60 bucks isn't much to pay to get out of a contract. Think of it from the companies perspective, they probably gave you a discounted rate for agreeing to run long-term. You probably got a free phone out of the deal, too. You get those special rates/free phone because you agree to something, makes it easier for both parties in the end...that is until someone doesn't hold up there end of the deal (that's you). You didn't get ripped off, you just want to walk away from signed legal agreements with no responsibility."

I am sorry this is true on some part, cell phones companies do have these hidden fees you must read the fine print you shouldve read what they're policies were just to sign up, I mean I have to deal with the same thing with my phone carrier (sprint). when I signed up I didnt have any help, I mean I have to pay a shit of money just to pay my phone bill off it was my fault I didnt switch to plans cause if I switched to plans I wouldnt be in this rut and also your contract is cheaper I have to pay like 200 just to get out of my contract best bet is to sign up for a prepaid phone instead not contract or hidden fees pay as you go. I am sorry for the convience best of luck to you

Weak excuse

AUTHOR: The Mrs - (U.S.A.)

Weak excuse

AUTHOR: The Mrs - (U.S.A.)

AUTHOR: Friendly Help - (U.S.A.)

User satisfaction, dropped calls, billing errors and so forth are rated 'Poor' to 'Excellent'. Service areas are described and several popular phone brands/models used by each type of cell system are tested.

Good luck with your new job.

US Cellular Is The Worst

AUTHOR: Laura - (U.S.A.)

I was had Cingular AT&T for many years.I moved (remote in the country)
and got zero bars from them. I really didn't like AT&T the bills monthly were
always getting higher. AT&T was gracious enough to let me out of contract as there was no service.

US Cellular wanted a huge deposit and the bills get higher every month.
(Credit is good -bought a home)

At first they fudged and did not include incoming free calls and it was clearly in my contract.

I don't trust them they are rip offs of the worst degree.