Complaint Review: US Celular

• Submitted: Fri, October 31, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 31, 2008

• Reported By:Owasso Oklahoma
US Celular
9500 N.129th East Ave Owasso, Oklahoma U.S.A.

US Cellular Attempting to collect 922.95 from me and put a false entry on my credit Owasso Oklahoma

This company is trying to collect 922.95 dollars from me after I had informed them I was moving to Az. and their services weren't available there. I had completed all but 2 months of my 2 year contract with them and gave the store in Owasso, Ok. my forwarding address in Az. and informed them I would pay the service in full until my contract was up, then asked them to discontinue my service at that time.They told me that was fine and apologized that they couldn't serve me there in Az.I was never contacted by them again. They instead sent a collection letter to my in-laws home address in Owasso, Ok saying I owed them this un-godly amount of money and on top of that they reported it to my credit. I have called them and all they can say is that they have already turned it over for collections and it is out of their hands. They did however tell me that they showed a note on my acct. that I had contacted them and it was probably overlooked. I am appalled at this company, they have basically told me "Too Bad" it is out of their hands now and my credit is now damaged because of them.I have no where to turn now and no hope of clearing it up without just paying all this money for their mistake.Help me please!

Owasso, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2008 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Celular/Owasso-Oklahoma-74055/US-Cellular-Attempting-to-collect-92295-from-me-and-put-a-false-entry-on-my-credit-Owasso-386823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Celular