Complaint Review: US DIRECT PROTECT

• Reported By: Lyle — Albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
US DIRECT PROTECT
2183 Fairview Rd. Suite 103 Costa MesA, California United States of America

US DIRECT PROTECT On behalf of Omnisure? SCAM ARTISTS Costa MesA, California

I recently purchased a policy from US Direct protect, I paid 200.00 dollars down and was told I had 30 days to cancel my contract. When my contract arrived in the mail I reviewed it and found that it was full of loopholes and was not something I would be willing to pay for, I have a better chance saving my $2488.00 dollars myself and putting it towards repairs than paying it to these guys. The contract itself is very confusing and misleading apparently US Direct Protect is only the vendor of the contract, the actual company that pays claims is Omnisure. Needless to say I called US Direct Protect in April and told them I wanted to cancel my plan, they said I would have to send them a notarized letter, which I did. Then at the end of the month of April, my credit card was charged $127.11 from a company called Omnisure. I called omnisure and told them I had sent a letter to cancel my policy, they said that my policy was indeed cancelled but not until May 2, 2011, I requested a refund and they told me I would need to contact US Direct Protect, I contacted US Direct protect and their 1-800 number rings a few times and then goes to an answering machine. I left a message and have not heard anything back. I would like to get my $200.00 dollar down payment which was charged to my card from US Direct Protect, as well as my $127.11 which was charged from Omnisure. I'm not sure why two different companies are involved in this issue but it seems like a giant scam to me. I have disputed the charges with my Bank and am hoping this matter will be resolved soon. To all those who are debating the purchase of an auto warranty protection policy, do not go through these guys, use a company that you have researched and know to be trusted, after having these problems and seeing everyone else who has the same complaints I dont think it will be long before this company is shut down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2011 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-DIRECT-PROTECT/Costa-MesA-California-92627/US-DIRECT-PROTECT-On-behalf-of-Omnisure-SCAM-ARTISTS-Costa-MesA-California-734103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US DIRECT PROTECT