Complaint Review: US Department of Education

P.O. Box 5609 Greenville, Texas United States of America
  • Phone: 800-848-0984
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

US Department of Education ACS Falsely Reporting Late to Credit Bureaus Greenville, Texas

US Department of Education and/or ACS has falsely reported a 60 day late on my credit report.  This is adversely affecting my credit score and I am unable to purchase a home right now because of it.  We have been working diligently for a long time to pay our bills on time and now this is on here and they will not remove it.  Basically, they told me it wasn't their problem.  I was in school for the Spring 2011 Semester, registered at Fresno City College.  I have a letter stating that I would automatically receive an in-school deferrment on my student loans and would not have to pay them while I was in school.  I finished my class in May 2011.  The disputed 60 day late is for February 2011.  When I called customer service to notify them of the mistake and have them correct it, they told me they would check into it and get back to me.  They never did.  Approximately two weeks later, I called again and they said that they sent the enrollment verification to Reedley College by mistake and so they never received notification from the school that I was enrolled.  Obviously, because I was enrolled in Fresno City, not Reedley, although they are all part of State Center Community College District, they are different schools.  And since they did their part in mailing out the verification, even though it was the wrong school, it was not their problem that I had this late payment on my credit report.  In fact, I have two from the same company for two different loans.  The other student loan I have through a different company does not show late because they did their job correctly.  This needs to be rectified immediately, as I said, we are trying to qualify for a mortgage and having such a recent derogatory on my credit report is not allowing us to do so.  It is not that difficult for this company to call all three credit bureaus to get this removed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2011 10:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Department-of-Education/Greenville-Texas-75403/US-Department-of-Education-ACS-Falsely-Reporting-Late-to-Credit-Bureaus-Greenville-Texas-756935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Department of Education