Complaint Review: US Dept of Treasury

• Reported By: Rusty — Thurmont Maryland United States of America
US Dept of Treasury
DC, District of Columbia United States of America

US Dept of Treasury Steve something FRAUD LIAR DC, District of Columbia

First and foremost, DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!

My fiance' and I got a call this morning (10-20-12) on our home phone. This phone call from a women    ( 202-666-8547) who said that we were qualified for a $8,400 grant threw the US Dept. of Treasury. She told us we would have to get in contact with a man named Steve Franklin Badge # 2121SF01. The women said we would have to give her a pre paid credit card info with all dates and security codes so the money could be deposited onto the card. We then called Steve Franklin at the number given... ( 202-407-7229 )

He answered.. "US Grants", we introduced ourselves and our conversation continued from there. He said we were chosen from a group of 1,500 members across the US that were qualified for the grant.

All we would have to do is Western Union (green transfer) $203 to a number that he would give us once we were at our local Western Union location.He said it was for homeless children and the money would be going as a donation. Before ending our call and falling for this, a few red flags immediately went up.

First, two people of foreign decent called me telling me I was approved for a grant, on a Saturday...and yes I know that foreign decanted people have a strong pull our American government. Were all Americans regardless of skin color.

Second, when I asked for Steve Franklin's badge number, he was VERY hesitant in giving it to me. He told me multiple times that he wasn't aloud to give out information like that. I told him I was educated to the fact that a lot of people out there run scams that sound such as these. (I was right) . Finally he responded with 2121SF01. I still pressed on the conversation though. He told us to call when we got to our nearest store. I then googled the number at which he called from, and found this site. Only a few select things were different.

Please Don't fall for this as we didn't. We really need the money for our 3 children's sake, and was willing to make a donation for a Homeless Children's ministry to help them, and help myself..

Too bad it wasn't true. I love to help and make a difference, just not everyday blessings fall into the lap of common everyday people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2012 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Dept-of-Treasury/DC-District-of-Columbia-/US-Dept-of-Treasury-Steve-something-FRAUD-LIAR-DC-District-of-Columbia-957614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Dept of Treasury