Complaint Review: U.S. Direct

• Updated: Mon, May 20, 2013

• Reported By: U.S.Direct Victim — Pine Colorado
U.S. Direct
2183 Fairview Rd. Suite 103 Costa Mesa, California USA

U.S. Direct U.S. Direct fraudulently sold an extended automotive warranty and stole my money Costa Mesa California

On April 18, 2011 I was fraudulently sold an extended automotive automotive warranty. I was told that if I paid a sum in full rather than payments, I would get a reduced price. I paid U.S. Direct the full amount of $1560.00 for a 100,000 mile extended warranty good until the car reached 189,918 miles or 04/17/2016.

It was never disclosed to me that U.S. Direct was not a warranty company; just an advertising agency serving as a "brokerage" for other companies.

Five months ago, with 50,000 miles and several years left on the warranty, and no claims we sold the car. I sent in the request for a refund and was told that I was entitled to a $634.00 refund.

After calling several times to see what the status of my refund was, I was for the first time told that  they were merely a brokerage company and therefore, not responsible for my refund as the company they gave my money to after deducting there fee went out of business. They never disclosed this to me as they took the money from my credit card and "gave it away", to whom I assume were associates of theirs. I would refer to them as a "front" rather than a "brokerage" company. Either way, I was lied to and my money stolen from me by U.S. Direct, whoever they really are.

Both the office manager and another gentlemen displayed total disregard for the fact that they had "stolen my money" and told me that they "did not care". They were very rude, told me they didn't care, they were not giving me any money back, and then hung up on me.

Based on my experience with this fraudulent company, I believe they are acting as a "frontman", collecting money, giving it to their associates who then go bankrupt. US Direct then claims no liability and starts new companies they act as brokers for only to rip people off. They should be stopped from "stealing" hard working, good people's money and getting away with it!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2013 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Direct-/Costa-Mesa-California-92627/US-Direct-US-Direct-fraudulently-sold-an-extended-automotive-warranty-and-stole-my-1052456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Direct