Complaint Review: US Direct Express Comercia Bank

• Updated: Wed, June 13, 2012

• Reported By: Ripped Off — Tennessee United States of America
US Direct Express Comercia Bank

US Direct Express Comercia Bank illegally holding my funds, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggested place to fo instead of us direct express

*Consumer Suggestion: SOLUTION

I have had an account with US Direct Express aka Comerica Bank since October of 2010.  Everything was fine until about October of 2011.  I check online almost every day to see my balance.  When I signed in I noticed two charges that I had definitely not made.

One for $8 plus was to a sporting equipment business in Michigan. The other seemed to be a $20 charge to a convenience store or something similar in North Carolina.  I do not live in either state and knew I had not made the charges.  The $20 charge was listed as "pending" in my account.  The $8+ charge was not listed as pending.

When I called customer service my account was immediately deactivated although I still had several hundred dollars in there.  The customer service rep was not very helpful and said that the pending charge was almost expired.  The other charge had already gone through.  So, I was forced to get a new card which I had to pay for and have shipped by overnight for $13.95 which I can't afford.  The "pending" charge did finally expire and get added back to the account but the $8+ charge was not investigated or added back to my account.

Now I am in the same position again.  Checked my account and found a $37 "pending" charge on my account that I had not made.  I have not called US Direct Express yet because I do not want to have my account closed and have to buy another new card.  The charge has been sitting there pending for several days now.  I spent all of the money left in the account so it wouldn't be illegally held.

I can not believe that this is the supported and recommended card for Social Security payments. I do not want to open a bank account.  Can someone recommend a good place to change my account to for my SSI payments?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2012 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Direct-Express-Comercia-Bank/internet/US-Direct-Express-Comercia-Bank-illegally-holding-my-funds-Internet-839492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Direct Express Comercia Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Suggested place to fo instead of us direct express

AUTHOR: Baldemar Santana - (United States of America)

You can go to a Currency Exchange in your city.  You can have your direct deposits sent to them and pick them up there.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

SOLUTION

AUTHOR: myke3979 - (United States of America)

Hey i use netspend.com its free and operates just like a bank account thru meta bank. typically i receive my payments 2 days earlier than my expected date. you can do all of the same and it works best because i use ebay and they charge fees, but with meta bank they cannot be debited automatically you have to manually allow transactions. basically no automatic re-occurring billing. will take about 3 days for the card to come in the mail and they have all the saving features. i have used it for almost 7 years now with no problems.