Complaint Review: US Direct Express - Government Debit Card

• Submitted: Wed, December 09, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 03, 2012

• Reported By: Mindy — Lansing Michigan United States of America
US Direct Express - Government Debit Card

US Direct Express - Government Debit Card Disputes? You're screwed as the consumer.... Internet

*Consumer Comment: card is helpful, but customer service is not??

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: card is helpful, but customer service is not??

*Consumer Suggestion: US DIRECT EXPRESS CUSTOMER SERVICE FIX

I got the US Direct Express debit card because I collect Social Security Disability Benefits.  I thought that was a way that the fixed income I receive would be protected...I was wrong!  Somebody (doesn't matter who) got a hold of my card and charged 2 bills on my card.  I called US Direct Express and filed a dispute on the charges.  I explained what had happened and that I did NOT authorize those charges.   I filled out their paperwork and sent it back to them.  They 'decided' that I gave my card to this person and allowed them to use it, which I did not.  I appealed for a 'fair hearing' (which it was NOT) and was again denied the dispute.  I had a police complaint - didn't matter to them.  I have YET to receive a paper copy of their decision on their 'fair hearing', and it's been over a month.  This card is done through Comerica Bank.  I can't get a hold of Comerica because Direct Express is their own entity.  They have no way of communicating with their dispute services, other than through their customer service (and their representatives, at least when you have a dispute, are RUDE), or through the mail.  I called Mastercard and was told basically that they can make their own rules.  If you're on Social Security (fixed income), and are looking for a debit card, I'd think twice about using Direct Express.  If something happens and you don't authorize a charge, you're screwed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2009 09:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Direct-Express-Government-Debit-Card/internet/US-Direct-Express-Government-Debit-Card-Disputes-Youre-screwed-as-the-consumer-I-536945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Direct Express - Government Debit Card

card is helpful, but customer service is not??

AUTHOR: dave - (USA)

The direct express card is very helpful, but most of the customer service people are extremely rude , almost to the point of being abusive. if you ask for a supervisor ,they refuse to put you one. on the phone???.

two customer service people actually ask for my direct express website password??? if you are smart you will find one of their free banks or atm's & take out all you funds in one lump sum  so you won't accrue to many atm fees. i hope someone from direct express reads this & repairs their customer service , it is broken?

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

card is helpful, but customer service is not??

AUTHOR: dave - (United States of America)

I'm new to direct express & find the card very helpful.. but if you have questions some of the customer service people are extremely rude almost to the point of being abusive? & two customer reps. asked for my direct express website password. but if they work on their poor customer service, the card is very good :). if you are smart you will find their free banks  & take all your money in one lump sum so the fees don't add up.. I recommend the card

#3 Consumer Suggestion

US DIRECT EXPRESS CUSTOMER SERVICE FIX

AUTHOR: garygow53 - (United States of America)

If you are having a problem with your card and customer service doesn't help contact:
Marianne Leach
Customer Care Representative - Comerica Bank at:
Comerica_Direct_Banking.CMA@comerica.com
Once I contacted them someone from US Direct Express customer service called me with the answer to my problem the next day.
I was trying to fix my problem for 3 months before I tried contacting Comerica bank.
I found out that others were having the same problems when I googled Comerica Bank - USDirectExpress and saw rip off site report listed.