Complaint Review: US Direct

• Submitted: Fri, August 01, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, August 01, 2014

• Reported By: Patrick — Fort Lee Virginia

US Direct Protect Extremely rude, very delayed refund Internet

Please save youself time and money, and do not use this company. My experience with them was rude from beginning to end, regardless of the representative. I had plans on three vehicles in a row, (I didn't have any of them for very long).

After being suckered into the first policy with the whole "your offer is for this first phone call only" bit, I was essentially bullied into carrying the plan over into the other vehicles. This is partly my fault for not being as strong-willed as I should, but any type of bullying should not be in a business like this. I was once told that I should be thanking the man instead of arguing because he was "my savior" for offering me such a good plan and price under the circumstances.

Each person was not pleasant even through purchasing my plan and then transferring it. However, when I sold the third car and pursued a refund. The process of being told which paperwork was acutually needed to process the refund took a few weeks (it was tough to get a straight answer). Then when it was finally processed, I waited nearly five months for the money. Keep in mind, I never did make a claim on any policy. This was with me calling them at every fake deadline they gave me for when they would have my refund. If I had not kept on them, who knows how long it would have taken, as they clearly had no motivation.

Bottom line, these people should not be in any type of customer interaction business, let alone sales. I cannot speak for the claims process or the warranties they actually sell, as they may be just fine. But as the company who sells these policies, they are terrible all around and should not be allowed to opperate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2014 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Direct/internet/US-Direct-Protect-Extremely-rude-very-delayed-refund-Internet-1166795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Direct