Complaint Review: U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

• Submitted: Sat, January 29, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, January 29, 2005

• Reported By:CONROE Texas
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
1919 Smith St, 7th Floor Houston, Texas U.S.A.

EEOCU.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission The EEOC discriminated on me because I was filing complains against a black employer. Houston Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Never talk about wages or raises

When I filed complaints of age discrimination and equal pay act on my black employer, to the US EEOC, they closed my file on these charges. The EEOC reasons were, "The EEOC issues the following determination: Based upon it investigation, the EEOC is unable to conclude that the information obtained establishes violations of Statutes. This does not certify that the respondent is in compliance with the statutes. No finding is made as to any other issues that might be construed as having been raised by this charge."

On the paperwork it states: "Notice of Suit Rights" Title VII the Americans with Disabilities Act, and/or the Age Discriminations Act and Equal Pay Act.

Every attorney I talk to would not even take my case. Thus I lost over $50,000.00 in equal pay. He was Paying the male nurses $25.00 and 26.00 an hour while he paid white female nurses $20.00 an hour for the same job.

When I was interviewed by the EEOC I was told I did not have a valid complaint even when I gave them names of other nurses who would validate my complainst. After I filed an appeal the EEOC called me on the phone and laughed at me. She said I was not discriminated on and sent a dismissal notice of rights.

Hope
CONROE, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2005 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Equal-Employment-Opportunity-Commission/Houston-Texas-77002/EEOCUS-Equal-Employment-Opportunity-Commission-The-EEOC-discriminated-on-me-because-I-wa-129398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Never talk about wages or raises

AUTHOR: Terry - (U.S.A.)

I was reading what you wrote and one thing you never do is discuss wages or raises with other employees.