Complaint Review: US Federal Contractor Registration

• Submitted: Thu, March 14, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, March 30, 2014

• Reported By: Will K. — California United States of America
US Federal Contractor Registration

US Federal Contractor Registration Ripoff - Completely Unnecessary $599 Registration Fee, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Not A Rip Off

*Consumer Comment: www.uscontractorregistration.com Scam Fraud

*UPDATE Employee: Not a Ripoff, Statement Needs to be Recalled

This is just to warn anyone that was formerly registered under Central Contractor Registration (CCR) that will be renewing under the new System of Award Management (SAM).  SAM (www.sam.gov) is the official government site.  There are several companies that will do this work for you.  The problem is, it took me just as long to update my governmental entity's information as it would to fill out the info required by these companies.

US Federal Contractor Registration charges $599 for this service!  My assistant spoke with John Wayne II of USFCR.  She stated that he spoke very fast and used tons of acronyms (an obvious attempt to confuse her).  She then came to me and after some research, I found the correct government site.  USFCR's site has an official look to it and they want to charge you $599 to do something that took me all of ten minutes!

This is a scam and there are many people that will fall for it because they make it sound like the shift from CCR to SAM is some big deal. [continued below]....
.....  It is simply a migration of data from the old system to the new system.  All you have to do is verify your information.  And if you have to register, that's easy enough as well.  Do not fall for paying any money when you can perform this task for free on the government's official website!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2013 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Federal-Contractor-Registration/internet/US-Federal-Contractor-Registration-Ripoff-Completely-Unnecessary-599-Registration-Fee-1028593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Federal Contractor Registration

Not A Rip Off

AUTHOR: USFCR - ()

Hello,

My name is Max Timko

Director of Marketing for US Federal Contractor Registration

Please feel to contact me to resolve any and all issues with your account/registration with us.  We do not feel the need for this post to continue to be up when we have tried to contact this individual multiple times by email and phone. If this indvidual would like to contact me to personally discuss their claim and not on a third party complaint website, my number is (877) 252-2700 Ext 750 and my email is mtimko@usfcrgov.com.

We like to handle all of our company issues immediately and with great care.  We take customer service extremely seriously at US Federal Contractor Registration/Govkinex.

www.uscontractorregistration.com Scam Fraud

AUTHOR: Kelly - ()

Got a spam email from this organization. The email represented that this organization needed to do  my companies "Semi-Annual Government Registration Check Up".

I called the number provided (866-216-5343) and tries to acertain the legitamacy of this organization.  I could not get any answers.

THis organization is in the business of selling services offered by the government for free with marketing methods that are miss-leading.

A simple internet search revealed this organization has a history of fraudulent activity, misleading marketing and no delivering services.

Not a Ripoff, Statement Needs to be Recalled

AUTHOR: USFCR - ()

US Federal Contractor Registration (USFCR) is a nationally recognized company that is the world's largest third party registration firm in the world. They have registered over 60,000 businesses in System for Award Management (SAM). They have been featured in articles from the Washington Post, Fox News, and the Washington Business Journal.

USFCR has dozens of press releases out about their creditablity and even more loyal clients to back up their services. The registration process and migration as stated by the individual who posted this claim is being misleading. If the process was that easy everyone would be able to do it. This is not the case, we know that because of the hundreds of businesses who call us everyday for assistance. We do charge $599 for our registration services but also offer a free option at GovernmentContractingTips.com for businesses who like to self register.

I believe this person feels like our custom service representative was misleading her, but that is just not the case. As far as the USDA Advisor Document posted to the claim; that advisor document has been recalled and taken down due its false statement. Since then we have even conducted a SAM registration for the USDA's Department of Grading and Verification as well as other government agencies like the VA and the DoD.

The second our customer services representatives speak with a client we tell them we are not the government and that this service is free. Just like people hire Accoutants to file their taxes we handle a business's registration paperwork.