Complaint Review: US Federal Grants

• Reported By: Suzi326 — Staten Island New York
US Federal Grants
Do not Know Bainbridge, Washington USA

US Federal Grants Fraudulent grant processing Bainbridge Washington

I received a call on my cell from US Federal Grants Administration, claiming that I was eligible for an $8,000 grant for education which I did not have to pay back.  Too good to be true? Yes it is.  After speaking with a man on the phone I was given an Application number AD100 and a Security No.: 1009 and I was told to call 206-855-3175.  I called them back and asked where they were located, they hung up on me.  I called again and proceeded to play along.  I asked them what they wanted and they hung up on me.  I called again and played along giving them the App number and Security code.  They required a $200 application fee to be sent via western union.  Of course, I never sent them a dime.  Remember, nothing is given away so easily.  You have to work to get a grant not with money, but with time and in writing.  Be careful and never give out your personal information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2013 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Federal-Grants/Bainbridge-Washington/US-Federal-Grants-Fraudulent-grant-processing-Bainbridge-Washington-1062521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Federal Grants