Complaint Review: US Financial

• Updated: Tue, July 09, 2013

• Reported By: Amanda Jones — Tyler Texas
US Financial
Internet USA

US Financial said his name was Red Gomez account # 0717-98 Tried to get my credit card number, wanted to start with the three numbers on the back of the card. Internet

*Consumer Comment: You did it right

The man came on and said that I had qualified for a government grant.  He said that these do not need to be paid back.

He gave me his name, ID number for transaction and email address .  His phone number I took off my cell phone.

He said that all I need to do is pay $3.87 that I should be able to afford that much .  Then he asked me for my credit card but wanted the three numbers on the back of it first.

I told him I would not share that information as I do not know him.  He stressed that it is not that much and I could afford $3.87.  I said yes but I am not giving you the information.

I told him I would go online and follow up and he started to raise his voice and I could hardly tell what he was saying.  He did say he would keep the information for me and he hung up on me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Financial/internet/US-Financial-said-his-name-was-Red-Gomez-account-0717-98-Tried-to-get-my-credit-card-nu-1065708. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Financial

You did it right

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I am glad you did not give your credit card information to the guy. Yes, you could afford $3.87 but that does not mean he WILL charge you that much once he got the information. It is a scam to get your information and then charge for multiple things somewhere else. Nobody should ever give out credit card information to a person or company that has no either physical contact with or reputation. You did it right.