Complaint Review: US Gold Line - John LaFayette

• Submitted: Mon, April 21, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, April 21, 2008

• Reported By:Inwood West Virginia
US Gold Line - John LaFayette
10500 Ulmerton Rd, Suite 726-306, Largo, FL 33771 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

US Gold Line - John LaFayette Credit card approved to rebuild credit Largo Florida

I received a phone call from a John LaFayette from USGoldLine about a loan entry that I had applied for on-line. He said I was approved for a credit card and he asked how much I made a month, if I had a checking accounty, how long I had it and what the name of my bank was. He said that would determine how much my credit limit would be.

He then said that he needed my account number and routing number from my checking account. I told him I wasn't comfortable giving him this information and his exact words were "I just want to verify that this account is active" "I'm not asking for personal information"....I sat there for a second and kinda laughed and said "my bank information IS personal information and I am not giving that to you" and he quickly said well I don't think I can help you today and hung up the phone.

As soon as they hung up, I checked out their website and noticed that none of their links on their page were active except for "member log-in". You can't get any information about this company on the website.

Please, please, please beware!! These people now a days just act like it's totally normal to ask for bank account information from people and they would just give that to them.

Kimberly
Inwood, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2008 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Gold-Line-John-LaFayette/Largo-Florida-33771/US-Gold-Line-John-LaFayette-Credit-card-approved-to-rebuild-credit-Largo-Florida-327661. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Gold Line - John LaFayette