Complaint Review: US Gold Line

• Submitted: Mon, May 05, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 05, 2008

• Reported By:Ephrata Pennsylvania
US Gold Line
10500 Ulmerton Rd Suite 726-306 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

US Gold Line Applied for a credit card ,link says US VISA gold line they gave a me credit line for online purchases Largo Florida

I clicked on a link that i found on the TransUnion credit report website and started an application for a VISA US Gold Line credit card, instead i received a credit line for online purchases at usgoldline.com During the application they required from me a down payment of $250.

When i received the card i realized it's not a credit card but a credit line, i called them to cancel before activating or using the card. They told me that if i close the account they will not refund me my money or the second option was to buy their merchandise for about 5 months and pay from my checking account in order to built a payment history only then i will be able to get my money back and use their credit line money.

When they called me to finish the application for the credit card they did not tell me that this is not a credit card or that i will have to buy merchandise from their website only or if i cancel they will not refund the down payment.

Michael h.
Ephrata, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2008 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Gold-Line/Largo-Florida-33771/US-Gold-Line-Applied-for-a-credit-card-link-says-US-VISA-gold-line-they-gave-a-me-credit-330642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Gold Line