Complaint Review: U.S. Government Career Services

• Submitted: Tue, February 28, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, February 28, 2012

• Reported By: Shelly — South Pasadena California United States of America
U.S. Government Career Services
4942 Vineland Avenue, Ste. 102 North Hollywood, California United States of America

U.S. Government Career Services Government Careers Network Another Nigerian Scam!! Joy Obi will entrap you, pick your pocket, then will not return your $$ if you have 2nd thoughts. North Hollywood, California

I was the last appointment on Friday.  Joy Obi called over the weekend to remind me to add more money to my credit card. My gut prompted me to cancel my debit card on Saturday. I told her that I had some questions and would see her on Monday.  She gave me a "song N dance".  I needed to fax her a  "Letter of Withdrawal", which I immediately confirmed her receipt that very afternoon.  I returned to her office and requested my cash of $60. She stated that a check will be mailed and I can pick it up on the 23rd or wait for the mail on the 26th.  I returned on the 23rd, my bank stated  that something was wrong and that  I needed to contact  the company.  I still see this fraudulent company in the classifieds and  this sickens me.  I am hoping that a class-action suit will be acted upon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2012 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Government-Career-Services/North-Hollywood-California-91601-5636/US-Government-Career-Services-Government-Careers-Network-Another-Nigerian-Scam-Joy-Obi-846141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Government Career Services