Complaint Review: U.S. Government Grant Dept.

• Submitted: Tue, November 16, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, November 16, 2010

• Reported By: Bridget — Plano Texas United States of America
U.S. Government Grant Dept.
200 Independence Avenue Washington, Washington DC United States of America

U.S. Government Grant Dept. Ricky Johnson This company told me that I was awarded a $7,000.00 grant and received some of my personal information. This is a ripoff, and I was their victim. Washington, Washington DC

I was given a call on November 15, 2010. It was a woman that said that she was with the U.S. Department of Treasury. She told me that I was awarded a $7,000.00 grant that I did not have to repay back. She never gave her name. I am a graduate student in college that has received grants and loans before, so for some dumb reason I was nieve and believe her. I gave her som of my personal information and then she gave me the number to call her Supervisor, Mr. Ricky Johnson so that he could confirm my information.  The lady gave me a conformation number which was: LI777

She had me call Mr. Johnson at (202) 657-6780. I called and he verified my information and said that he had to go through some other government departments before releasing my funds and that he would call me back the next day. Well, that next day I called him back and he was acting wierd and agressive everytime I tried to ask him a question. [continued below]....

..... I ask him if he was a con artist and he got offended and said no of course. I told him that I went on the internet and saw ripp off reports about what he is doing and then we got into a heated conversation. then he told me that before I could receive my $7,000.00 grant, that I was first required to make a charitable donation. Then I asked him if all of these so called charitable doanations were going into his pocket.  Theen he got smart with me and I cursed him out something kind of terrible. Also, both these people that I spoke with had an accent.  I do not believe that they were American-Born Citizens. To me they sounded Middle Eastern or from one of the many countries out of Europe.  I feel so stupid for falling for this I pray that no one else falls for this.  If I ever meet the Man who calls his self Ricky Johnson, he's going to need the assistance of a Medical Doctor when I'm finished with him.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2010 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Government-Grant-Dept/Washington-Washington-DC-20201/US-Government-Grant-Dept-Ricky-Johnson-This-company-told-me-that-I-was-awarded-a-7000-662562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Government Grant Dept.