Complaint Review: U.S. Government Grants Management Office

• Submitted: Thu, October 25, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 25, 2012

• Reported By: dudgemd — Chattanooga Tennessee United States of America
U.S. Government Grants Management Office
200 Independence Ave. HHH Building Washington D.C., Washington DC United States of America

U.S. Government Grants Management Office Chris Wilson Offered Scam Grant Washington D.C. , Washington DC

I received a phone call today by a guy name with an middle eastern accent who claimed to be Chris Wilson. He offered me a grant based on paying my bills, filing my taxes, and school. He gave me the information and told me that he was a department of the federal government. He said, I would need to go through a verification process, which I would need to go to a building somewhere close and fill out paperwork. After I was done with him, I was told his supervisoral officer would contact me with further details.

The bomb dropped thereafter. I was then told I would need to pay a security deposit of $212.00 which would be refunded with the original $8,300. I asked why they would need a security deposit and I was told to check for verification of bank account. He said, the officer will be calling me within the next ten minutes.

I decided to look up some information and found reports of scam, so I knew what was coming when the officer (Joshua Matthews) called. It took less than five minutes for the phone to ring and I was asked if I understood why I was receiving the money. I responded with a yes. Then, I asked where I was going to fil out the paperwork and "pay" the $212.00. He told me to go to a Western Union, at which point I told him grants would be done in a federal building, not a bank, and you don't have to pay for them. There is no way I would be going to a western Union. Then, I told him this is a scam and he should be ashamed of himself. He asked me to hang on for a minute at which point, I said, you have wasted enough of my time and I will be reporting you. Therefore, I am writing this scam report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 08:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Government-Grants-Management-Office/Washington-DC-Washington-DC-20024/US-Government-Grants-Management-Office-Chris-Wilson-Offered-Scam-Grant-Washington-DC-959892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Government Grants Management Office