Complaint Review: US Government Grants Management Office

• Submitted: Sat, September 29, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, September 29, 2012

• Reported By: Elizabeth — Summertown Tennessee United States of America
US Government Grants Management Office
200 Independence Ave HHH Bldg Washington, District of Columbia United States of America

US Government Grants Management Office Chris Wilson I have been researching grants for a project and received a phone call from an individual with a strong Indian accent who told me his name was Chris Wilson. He had a spiel and I suspected a scam. When Washington, District of Columbia

A man with a heavy Indian accent,calling himself Chris Wilson, called saying I had qualified for an $8,300 grant from the government.

I have been researching grants for a project. I asked for information and suspected the call was not legitimate, but continued to get enough information to make a report. When he came to the part about sending a $210 deposit to verify my ID I hung up and researched the information he gave me. The address and MO put me into this Ripoff page.

There is one report I saw from 2009 that had the same MO and slightly different American sounding names used by men with very heavy accents. The name Chris was also used for the first name of the caller.

I am just making a warning report. Thank you for maintaining this resource.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2012 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Government-Grants-Management-Office/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20201/US-Government-Grants-Management-Office-Chris-Wilson-I-have-been-researching-grants-for-a-p-948382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Government Grants Management Office