Complaint Review: US Grant Department

• Reported By: Anonymous — Bushnell Florida United States of America
US Grant Department
Peoria, Illinois United States of America

US Grant Department Mark Walter $7000 US Grant Scam Peoria, Illinois

On February 9, 2013 I received a call from 309-643-3855 and I could tell the woman was from India. She told me she was from the US Grant Department and that I was selected to receive a grant that I would not have to pay back of $7000. So I played along to see what kind of information I could get out of her because I knew it was a scam.

She said that last year they had done a demographic survey and that 1700 other people have been selected to receive this money. She then asked me how I would like to receive the money I said cash because I was not giving out my bank information. She then gave me a money approval number and a phone number to call, it was 202-905-0360 and I was to speak to Mark Walter.

So I hung up and called and this guy was from India as well. He told me that I would need to go to the nearest Western Union to pick up the money, but he told me that I would need $310 in cash to pay the Western Union and that I would need my phone so I can call him when I arrive so he can go over everything with me. He asked me if I would be able to do this today, and I told him no the earliest I could do it was Monday, after that we hung up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2013 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Grant-Department/Peoria-Illinois-/US-Grant-Department-Mark-Walter-7000-US-Grant-Scam-Peoria-Illinois-1011737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Grant Department