Complaint Review: US Grant Department

• Updated: Tue, September 06, 2011

• Reported By: Jessica — jackson Mississippi United States of America
US Grant Department
Washington, Washington DC United States of America

US Grant Department Chris Dean, John Wilkins US Grant for citizens, never pay back!!! Washington, Washington DC

US Grant Department contacted me by phone saying i was one of thousands of Amercians who received a special grant form the goevernment. they promised $6000.00 dollars to be sent to western union. With a sercurity deposit of $225.00 dollars that woukl be refunded to me... I followed the steps as the woman gave and sent off my deposit. Little did I know was that it was in deed an rip-off. they stayed on the phone with me the entire time then claimed how i had to pay state taxes of $449.00 in order to get the $6000.00. I didnt have that kind of money on hand and ask them to send my deposit back, they went on about the money would be held til i had it and about how they didnt do refunds. I asked for the supervisor: Chris Dean who explain the same thing. Then he put his boss on the phone: John Wilkins who apologized for Mr. Chris not explaining the facts to me. He promised that the money would be at a western union location the next with a promised phone call back for verification.

Well I never heard form him and when i called they claimed he was in a meeting, and no money was sent to western union. Not realizing I had sent the deposit to India I gave them my enitre check! And was not allowed an refund at the western union because the money was picked up!! The crazy thing is I used my aunts name as a family memeber as the person receiving so I still dont know how they were able to collect the money... We as amercians believe anything we hear from the government, it was a lesson learned!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2011 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Grant-Department/Washington-Washington-DC-/US-Grant-Department-Chris-Dean-John-Wilkins-US-Grant-for-citizens-never-pay-back-Was-773354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Grant Department