Complaint Review: US Guardian David - Hess - First Permier Bank

• Updated: Wed, July 02, 2003

• Reported By:Lexington KY
US Guardian David - Hess - First Permier Bank
Toronto, Canada Canada

US Guardian contacted me David Hess said he was with First Permier Bank not true offered me gold credit card $2500.00 limi ripoff fraud business Toronto Canada

*Consumer Suggestion: Probably too late for a full refund

These people promised my a credit card with 0% for the first six months and then after that a interest of 4% and never higher then the 4%.

I was to receive my card in 4-6 weeks however, it has been almost three months and I tried to get in touch with the people and I could not reach any one the phone number they gave me has been disconnected and there is not listing for them in the directory.

Also, US Guardian person gave me a customer service number and a person answers and says to leave a message. I was ripped off for $219.00 electronicly taken from my checking account. They gave me a phone number to reach them of 416-289-3634 and this number was to belong to David Hess, US Guardian call to verify that the information I had given David Hess was correct and he said he was a company to verify that my information was correct.

So I asked for his number he said he would give me the customer service number which was 416-921-7406 and when I did receive my card I called this number a voice mail came on with a women's voice. Leave a message and I will get back with you. But I never got an answer. Also, the first number a recording says the number has been changed to another number, but when you call that number the phone company says the call you made can not be completed as dial check the number and call again. If you could help me get my $219.00 back I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your help..

Lexington, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2002 12:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Guardian-David-Hess-First-Permier-Bank/Toronto-Canada/US-Guardian-contacted-me-David-Hess-said-he-was-with-First-Permier-Bank-not-true-offered-m-34095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Guardian David - Hess - First Permier Bank

AUTHOR: Brenard - (Guam)

Will frist of all I would like to thank who ever started this site, Because I'm sick of et rip off by so call banks.

Permier is one of those banks that should be sued
and put out of business for ever!
They lied to me to get to sign up with their so
call bank. They told me that I was approved for $7500.00 of credit. when I applied I told them that I need this card for emergency and I would like My limit to be $2500.00 they sent me the card and I don't use it until Typhoon Chattan hit our Island. All banks and ATM were shut down,so I used my card from frist permier bank and found out that I had a limit of $250.00 and the it was only $50.00 left on the card.I used it Because I don't have much choice at the time. after that I contacted them about the mistake that was made on my limit, and they told me that it wasn't a mistake and that they didn't issue card with $2500.00 limits. That's when I told them that I didn't want the card and to close my account. I sent them a $57.00 and the card cut in half. They call me and said I still had to pay the fees which came to $190.00 and I agreed to pay it. Sent them a check $74.00 and they called Me and said that I needed to send them $340.00. I ask if they received my payment and they said yes and I ask How is it that my balance is going up instead down, because this account is closed.They told me very rudely My account was still open and you have to pay $340.00.I ask how did my balance go up. The guy said it did'nt matter I had to pay them.
And I told I would only pay what I owned which is $116.00 and I was very rude right back.
I when to my Bank to refinace car loan and was trun down because of permier bank put this on my credit report.

Something has to be done about this so-call bank. If there is anything I can do to help put then out of business for good let me know! Just post your questions below.

Very Unhappy custumer.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Probably too late for a full refund

AUTHOR: Amber - ()

Unfortunatly Patricia I wouldn't count on a refund. The 416 area code is in NY meaning that more than likly this is a company based out of Canada just having mail sent to NY. Also I think that the US does not have juristiction over Canada so you may want to contact the BBB in Canada to let the proper authorities know what has happened. Also for future references anything over $49.99 is considered an advanced fee loan so I would advise not responding to any futher offers like this. As if you didn't know. I know, but be careful, and check companies out before coming into business with them.
Good Luck