Complaint Review: US J.M.B. Group Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, March 04, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, March 05, 2013

• Reported By: Drvapor — Winston Salem North Carolina United States of America
US J.M.B. Group Inc.
496 Warburton Ave, Yonkers, NY 10701 Yonkers, New York United States of America

US J.M.B. Group Inc. Jennifer Sheffield Possibly a scam. MoneyGram/Western Union scheme Yonkers, New York

*Consumer Comment: Trust your skepticism.

Hi, I received an e-mail from this company called "J.M.B. Group Inc." as a job opening for a Financial Support Agent. They lady who e-mailed me goes by Jennifer Sheffield. I was already skeptical about this so decided I would try to do some research. However, when I search for information, I can't find any on this specific business. What really caught my attention is the "$2,300 Base Salary starting off and $3,000 after the 30 day Probationary period". I decided I would respond back to the e-mail asking questions and I was given some links to finish my application at us-jmbgroup.org. On step 3, of the application I notice how it talks about wiring money through MoneyGram/Western Union in the Term of Agreement and Compensation which is normally a red flag for Scams. I'm a college student so of course money of that amount is going to catch anyone's eye my age. What I'm trying to figure out if it states in the Agreement that they will pay me a Salary, will I be obligated to that money? Has anyone ever heard of this company or ran across this type of situation and what exactly should I do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2013 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-JMB-Group-Inc/Yonkers-New-York-10701/US-JMB-Group-Inc-Jennifer-Sheffield-Possibly-a-scam-MoneyGramWestern-Union-scheme-Yo-1023351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US J.M.B. Group Inc.

Trust your skepticism.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" I notice how it talks about wiring money through MoneyGram/Western Union in the Term of Agreement and Compensation which is normally a red flag for Scams. "

Of course it is.   W.U. and Moneygram personal transfers are untraceable cash tranfers.   Legitimate businesses do not use them.  There is no point to recognizing red flags if you then ignore them.

"  Has anyone ever heard of this company or ran across this type of situation and what exactly should I do? "

Scammers change their "company" names constantly.  Mostly they steal the names of legit companies.   There are several things you should be asking yourself.  Was the email from a "us-jmbgroup.org" email address, or was it from a throwaway account such a gmail, hotmail or yahoo?    Speaking of their domain, would you be surprised to find out that us-jmbgroup.org has only been in existence since Feb.  13, 2013?  Less than a month.    How about : Why would an obviously commercial enterprise be using a ".org" websites, which is reserved for non-profit organizations?

I think you know what you should do here.