• Report: #320692

• Submitted: Mon, March 24, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 24, 2008

• Reported By:Daytona Beach Florida
US MAGAZINE SERVICE
P.O. BOX 750 LOLO, Montana U.S.A.

US MAGAZINE SERVICE IS A SCAM LOLO Montana

On Wednesday March 19, 2008 I received a phone call from a woman by the name of Wendy at approximately 9:56am claiming to represent US Magazine Service. She went on to say that I was entered into a sweepstakes for using by Visa Card. She stated that I was going to receive a ladies diamond watch,2 free magazines, and a chance to win 1 million dollars. She distracted me by asking me about the weather where I was and asking about my job then she asked me to subscribe to two additional issues for only 48.59 a month not thinking i said yes just to rush her off the phone so i could start getting ready for work. She said she was new with the company and i would need to speak with her manager to ensure that all my information was correct. Then the guy got on the phone and started asking me questions then he asked for my credit card number at first i said that I wasn't going to give him my information and he started making me feel secure about this situation, I then asked him for his information, he gave me a name, address and an employee number so I figured this was real. I hung up the phone with him at approximately 10:11am, four minutes later I received a call from another person claiming they were a representative. As I was on the phone with the third person i became curious about theses magazines so i asked her if I could cancel the order , she stated that I couldn't cancel because they already paid for my subscription. I started asking more questions about what kind of company doesn't cancel orders, she hung up the phone. At the time I didn't have a phone number to call them back.On Friday March 21,2008 I received a statement from my bank with one amount, on Saturday i checked my account again and i was missing 382.15 and I needed answers immediately. So on Monday March 24,2008 I went to my bank, asked for a printout of all my spendings only to discover that some one had spent this 382.15 in Brazil. Well the good thing in all this is that my bank refunded the 382.15 back to my account, but there is still 118.00 that has not been refunded yet. These scam artist has got to be stopped please do not become a victim of this scam.

Nicole
Daytona Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2008 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-MAGAZINE-SERVICE/LOLO-Montana-59847/US-MAGAZINE-SERVICE-IS-A-SCAM-LOLO-Montana-320692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US MAGAZINE SERVICE