Complaint Review: U.S. Magazine Service

• Submitted: Tue, October 09, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, October 09, 2007

• Reported By:Alsip Illinois
U.S. Magazine Service
PO Box 750 Lolo, Montana U.S.A.

U.S. Magazine Service Charged money to my credit card without asking! Lolo Montana

Company called me saying I was entered in a sweepstakes because my credit is good with mastercard. It was a million dollar sweepstakes and I was also to get a free watch and 2 magazine subscriptions with the option of ordering more magazines at a discounted price. The lady was nice and talked fast, she said she was new and her boss had to talk to me to go over what she told me to make sure it was correct. The man than asked me to verify my credit card info, like an idiot I did.

After the phone call I felt like something was not right so I called my credit card company to confirm if this sweepstakes was legit, my creditcard company never heard of it, so they checked my card and sure enough this company charged me $50. So I cancled my card right away.

Funny, after I cancled my card the sweepstakes people called me asking me to verify payment for $50 worth of magazines. I informed them that I did not order ANY magazines and I refuse to pay. They got really rude telling me they had all my info and because I verified my credit card info they had the RIGHT to bill me. I said that there must have been a mistake because at no time was I informed of being charged for magazines, so I asked them to simply cancel the order, they said they could not and would not cancel.

So after a lot of yelling back and forth I informed them I was contacting the police, they hung up and have not called since, which is nice since they called me a total of 7 times in 2 hours.

So I did a little research on the net and guess what, this company has 150 complaints with the Better Business Bureau in the past 36 months! Well I dont like to be ripped off, and I dont like rude people, so here I am letting the world know that this company:

U.S. Magazine Service
PO Box 750
Lolo, MT 59847
Telephone: (888) 506-8304

Is NOT legit, I also filed police reports, BBB complaint, and Federal Trade Commission complaint, my credit card company is also doing an investigation. I hope this will save some people from the Con this company has been pulling since 2005, it needs to stop!

Notlettingitgo
Alsip, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2007 12:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Magazine-Service/Lolo-Montana-59847/US-Magazine-Service-Charged-money-to-my-credit-card-without-asking-Lolo-Montana-277856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Magazine Service