Complaint Review: US Magazine Service

• Submitted: Wed, August 27, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 27, 2008

• Reported By:Miami Florida
US Magazine Service
P.O. Box 750 Lolo, Montana U.S.A.

US Magazine Service Sleezy, lieing sales tactics! Lolo Montana

I received a phone call on my cellular, of which I do not know where they got the number of. The woman I spoke to immediately said that I was a randomly selected participant of a "drawing" and that I will receive multiple magazines at a discounted price and a slue of other prizes. Once she finished her sales pitch I even commented on the fact that I would not be able to afford the payments. But she insisted that the amount was an accumulative and not a monthly amount.

I agreed because the offer sounded inexpensive and like a great deal. One month passed and I noticed a large charge on my account. After a little investigation I realized that it was for the magazine service. At that point I was very upset. One, I was charged an amount that I was not aware of, and two, I was paying for something that I was not even receiving.

I contacted the service and attempted to cancel my shipments because it would be too expensive for me to handle. The consultant informed me that they had already "invested in my order". I knew there had to be some way for me to cancel my membership and at least cease payments. But the consultants I spoke to swore that there was nothing they could do but lower my payments.

This gesture was unacceptable. There is not one place that I know of that does not void transactions, return items, or cancel memberships.

Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2008 08:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Magazine-Service/Lolo-Montana-59847/US-Magazine-Service-Sleezy-lieing-sales-tactics-Lolo-Montana-367657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Magazine Service