Complaint Review: U.S. Magazine Service

• Submitted: Thu, April 24, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, April 24, 2008

• Reported By:San Bernardino California
U.S. Magazine Service
11300 Highway 93 South, Suite I/J Lolo, Montana U.S.A.

U.S. Magazine Service ripped me off and won't leave me alone! Lolo Montana

Just like the other reports I have read, this company somehow got my phone number, name AND address before I had said a word to them. They then started to call me and would not stop.

When I finally answered, They told me I would get 3 free magazines and a free diamond watch, would be eligible for a million dollars, and would have to pay 3.23 a week for two more magazines.

They also said they had my mastercard number that they got my name from and gave me the first number it started with. Thinking they had to card number, i stupidly gave them the card number and CVC code number on the back to "verify".

I haven't answered their calls again, but all day yesterday they would not stop calling me. I would ignore it and not even a few seconds later, they would call back. I had my friend answer one time and she said that the guy on the other end was rude. The names of the guys I talked to were Chris Hawthorne and Guy something. Guy was supposedly the supervisor that just happened to walk by when Chris had me on the phone.

I haven't tried cancelling yet, and by the sound of the other reports I won't be able to, but I didn't contact my credit card company and let them know ahead of time. Thanks to these reports, I know I'm not alone and that these people are jerks.

Kris
San Bernardino, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2008 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Magazine-Service/Lolo-Montana/US-Magazine-Service-ripped-me-off-and-wont-leave-me-alone-Lolo-Montana-328596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Magazine Service