Complaint Review: US Magazine Services

• Submitted: Thu, January 22, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 19, 2010

• Reported By:weatherford Texas
US Magazine Services
Po Box 750 Lolo, Montana U.S.A.

US Magazine Services US Magazine Services Periodicals, How Do I Cancel??? Lolo Montana

*Consumer Comment: question

*Consumer Comment: Fighting Back

They called me and said that I had a bill of $700 but I canceled my card after the first payment and told them I wanted to cancel after I got a bill in the mail. So the have been running up a charge for a while. How do I get them to stop them from sending me magazines and get out of their system and not have the pay the bill. Please someone help!

Deano1
weatherford, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2009 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Magazine-Services/Lolo-Montana-59847/US-Magazine-Services-US-Magazine-Services-Periodicals-How-Do-I-Cancel-Lolo-Montana-414841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Magazine Services

question

AUTHOR: MacAttack - (United States of America)

im a consumer who has been paying this company for almost a year....now i have foudn im not the only one. i have had my credit card changed so they send me a monthly piece of mail sayin in owe them $49.99. i dont pay and after 3 months they say they have an audit out on me. since i now know this is a scam company should i just not pay em at all and it wont hurt me or what?

Fighting Back

AUTHOR: Marc - (United States of America)

I got my money back by outing Jason W. Ellsworth on every social medium I could find, including his hometown and regional forums. One of their shills tried to apologize to me and get me to stop, but the only thing that would make  me happy would be if he would fly into NJ, come to my doorstep and attack me so I could kill him in self-defense. He has a ten-year track record with magazine subscription scams and you can find out all about him and his various corporate shells with names like US Magazine Services, DBA Periodicals, Big Sky Periodicals, JWE Enterprises and so on. Esquire published by Hearst, Car  and Driver, Outside Magazine and ESPN all do business with him and I am doing my best to out them too. I figure that they have to know who they are doing business with and, personally, I consider them accomplices. I have posted all this on their forums too, by the way and I am using Facebook, Myspace and  Twitter to spread all this as widely as possible. If you want your money back, this kind of strategy is a good way to do it. Particularly, if you email the magazines and tell them that you hold them accountable. If you look at this google search, you will see both who the guy is and what I did to him. Social media is a powerful tool. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&fkt=896876&fsdt=914923&q="jason+w.+ellsworth"+mt&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aql=&aqi=&oq=