Complaint Review: US Online America Group - Direct TV - Dish Network

• Submitted: Tue, June 30, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, July 21, 2009

• Reported By:Neustadt Ontario
US Online America Group - Direct TV - Dish Network
www.usoug.com Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

US Online America Group - Direct TV - Dish Network High pressure sales tactics trying to get me to give them a credit card over the phone Tempe Arizona

*Consumer Comment: I had the same thing happen

*Consumer Comment: good for you

*Author of original report: Just noticed that the beginning of my report is missing, so, here it is...

of 99.99. When I said no, he told me to hold the line because the company had given him an allowance to help. This brought the price down to 59.98 plus the 19.99 monthly fee.
I told him my husband and I had an agreement that we always talk to each other before we make any decisions like that, and he upped the pressure. He tried very hard to get me to break my agreement with my husband, stateing that my husband wouldn't mind cashing the cheques.
I told him he was being pushy and I wasn't willing to disrespect our agreement, an he was relentless, pointing out that we would all like to earn extra money and he was sure my husband wouldn't leave me if I set this up without his knowing.
He also told me if I waited to talk to my husband, the 'special deal' would no longer be available and the costs would be in the hundreds, I can't remember exactly how much.
I changed tactics, and asked him to join my company, to which he said no and that he had other ventures going and wasn't in need of any more money. I told him I was the same and he said, "Everyone wants to make more money, even billionaires". I wonder if he is thinking about that statement now.
I kept trying to say goodbye and he kept up his pressure talk. I really hate hanging up on people and I tried to tell him I had to go now (20 to 30 minutes is more than enough of this). I finally did say goodbye and then hung up on him.
Truthfully, it has totally turned me off of direct tv and dish network. Maybe we should all send them emails to let them know how we feel and get this stopped.

Cindyl
Neustadt, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2009 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Online-America-Group-Direct-TV-Dish-Network/Tempe-Arizona/US-Online-America-Group-Direct-TV-Dish-Network-High-pressure-sales-tactics-trying-to-g-466543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Online America Group - Direct TV - Dish Network

I had the same thing happen

AUTHOR: Spiral_moon - (Canada)

I just had the same thing happen to me and these people will absolutely not take NO for an answer! The best way to get rid of them is to hang up on them. I wish I had done this instead of breaking under the pressure. The guy told me that I would have 14 days to cancel for a full refund- he forgot to mention that the first month hosting fee and any processing/setup fees is NON-REFUNDABLE!
I am now in the process of trying to get my refund since it hasn't even been 24 hour yet. I will not take no for an answer either...

good for you

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

im a dish network dealer. you should not give out your information if your not interested in the peticular item being offered. that really get me what part of no did you just not understand. was it the n or the o. everyone else that are shopping for dish network or directv should not give your information to anyone . unless your ready to have the contract generated and the install performed. when you do give out your information. make sure that you or the party on the other end of the phone . are not on a cell or cordless phone. make sure this is done from a hardline phone. its your personal info aqnd you should protect it like it does really belong to you. they should also have safe guards on their computer to protect your info.like a firewall, virus protection . i use iolo system mechanic it has virus protection, firwall and watch dog. now no software is perfect especially against a hacker. but also the web sites that dish and directv do have have security of their own.if these people who are calling cant take no for an answer the first time. should take dial tone for the answer when you hangup on them. usually within a few seconds after saying no. if your not on the do not call list you should. then report them.

Just noticed that the beginning of my report is missing, so, here it is...

AUTHOR: Cindyl - (Canada)

I got a high pressure sales call from US Online America (the mans name is Dennis Pignataro) telling me they would set up 2 web sites for me that would bring in $125 each time someone bought a Direct TV or Dish Network package from my sites.
The costs would be 19.99 a month hosting fee and a one time payment of 99.99.