• Report: #319087

Complaint Review: US Online America Group LLC (USOAG)

• Submitted: Tue, March 18, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 18, 2008

• Reported By:moncton NorthWest Territorie
US Online America Group LLC (USOAG)
http://www.usoag.com Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

US Online America Group LLC (USOAG) Deceptive & useless affiliate marketing Tempe Arizona

I knew nothing about these "affiliate marketing" scams until after I signed up for this. I bought into this for about 80 dollars (they knocked the price down when I said the initial buy in was too high for me to be interested in that should have told me right there that this was a scam.)

They give you two useless websites that you're supposed to drive traffic to, whereupon you supposedly receive a percentage of the profits. In my particular case (I am in Canada), the initial "salesman" convinced me that I could create "doorknockers" and cover my city with them to drive traffic to the websites (I have a bit of computer graphic experience, so that's what sold me), but not until I had signed the contract did they divulge the fact that both of the satellite services I would be pushing were available only in the USA, thereby making the notion of local promotion completely useless to me.

I have filed formal complaints about these scam artists with both American and Canadian federal authorities. At this point, since I have not paid them any of their monthly website fees, they have sent the account to a US collection agency, to which I will respond (as in "pound sand.") after contacting the various credit agencies to explain that I am in a legitimate dispute with a fraudulent company over these charges.

Irish traveler
moncton, NorthWest Territories

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2008 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Online-America-Group-LLC-USOAG/Tempe-Arizona/US-Online-America-Group-LLC-USOAG-Deceptive-useless-affiliate-marketing-Tempe-Arizona-319087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Online America Group LLC (USOAG)