Complaint Review: US Online America Group

• Submitted: Mon, November 20, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, January 15, 2009

• Reported By:Vancouver British Columbia
US Online America Group
404 West BRoadway SUite #107 Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

US ONline America Group Fooled by the contract TEmpe Arizona

*Author of original report: Fooled by Contract

Okay, the truth is that this wasn't a scam (but it sort of was) but when I signed a contract with USOAG, I actually did want to go and advertise for them and get paid big bucks, but the next day after signing the contract, I realized that one of the programs that they offered was the Playboy channel (which is a sin) and I would be advertising for this company and I am sure some where out there someone would order Playboy (which is a sin) but my biggest concern was someone out there who has kids and messed up in the head might order the playboy channel or pay per view channels and force thier kids to watch it and traumatize them for life (which is an even bigger sin)

So I guess actually this was a scam, because when I Was talking to some lady just before I signed the contract, I remember reading that I had 2 weeks to cancel, but she never told me that I am waiving that right if I sign thier stupid contract. NOw I am going to be out $220

Tony
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2006 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Online-America-Group/Tempe-Arizona-85285/US-ONline-America-Group-Fooled-by-the-contract-TEmpe-Arizona-221521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Online America Group

AUTHOR: Tony - (Canada)

I had gotten a call from US Online America Group to advertise satellite programming for them. I was really excited because it sounded like a very interesting opportunity and make big bucks. So I signed the contract with USOAG. I was told I would have a 2 week trail and if I wasn't happy that I could cancel with no penalty (or at least only pay for the set-up fee only of $49.98)

Unfortunatly the next day after signing the contract, I realized that one of the programs that they offered was the Playboy channel (which is a sin) and I would be advertising for this company and I am sure some where out there someone would order Playboy (which is a sin)

but my biggest concern was someone out there who has kids and are messed up in the head might order the playboy channel or pay per view channels and force thier kids to watch it and traumatize them for life (which is an even bigger sin)

So there you go. Even if they tell you that you have 2 weeks to cancel, they fail to tell you that when you sign thier pathedic contract that you are also signing to waive your right to cancel within 2 weeks (pretty dumb eh?) Now I am going to be out $230

AUTHOR: Tony - (Canada)

I got a phone call from USOAG Group, and I actually did want to go and advertise for them and get paid big bucks (I was really excited actually)

So I decided not to do this, and I called back before my 2 weeks were up and they refused to cancel my contract (I don't care about paying the $49.98, but don't want to pay $19.00 per month when I won't be doing anything) and I told them that I Want to cancel since my 2 weeks is not up, and they said that I can't because if I signed the contract it states that I waived the right to cancel my contract in the 2 week period (Well, if I didn't sign anything, you couldn't force me to be on your stupid program anyhow and can't lock me in the contract for a year losers) So I got scammed, because when I Was talking to some lady just before I signed the contract, I remember reading that I had 2 weeks to cancel, but she never told me that I am waiving that right if I sign thier stupid contract. Now I am going to be out $220

Tony Vancouver, British Columbia