Complaint Review: US Passport 123

• Submitted: Fri, December 28, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: Christa — Clinton Maryland United States of America
US Passport 123

US Passport 123 Does not explain clearly and will not refund any of the total amount they charge Internet

When I thought I needed a passport expedited back in September of this year, I found this company online and started filling out the forms. Of course there are 20 pages to read. As soon as I clicked on the submit button, they charged me $179 for the service.

That same evening I found out I really didn't need a passport and called the company the next day to cancel the application. The person I talked to did not explain clearly on how if you don't cancel within one day of the order, you loose the total amount and that I had 90 days to proceed with the rush service which I was not going to need for my planned trip.

I told her that I still needed the passport, just not now, and that's when she said that I had 90 days. To me it was all about the passport, not the expedition of it.  I understood that I had 90 days to cancel or use the service. I can understand keeping the processing fee of $50, but not the total amount of $179 when they didn't have to do anything for me.

She did not explain to me that if I didn't need it expedited, I could cancel all together and get at least $129 refunded to me. Instead, I thought I could use that money to finish paying for the process of my passport, which I did recently and had to pay another $170 to the Post Office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Passport-123/internet/US-Passport-123-Does-not-explain-clearly-and-will-not-refund-any-of-the-total-amount-they-988037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Passport 123