Complaint Review: US Passport Online

• Submitted: Fri, July 29, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, July 29, 2011

• Reported By: Kathleen — Nevada United States of America
US Passport Online

US Passport Online Online Passport company charged me $45 to cancel a service I did not want. Internet, Internet

I went online to find out all the information I needed to renew my passport at the postoffice.  This website was the first link that popped up and I thought I would give it a try.  When I signed up for (no information was given whatsoever) I soon realized it was a mistake.  It said a rep would contact me within 24 hours to give me details, and when she did they next day (15 min. before the office closed) she said she would email me a list of things I needed to do and of those was to mail in my original birth certificate and original passport and a check to the gov. for an additional $170 added on to the $129 I had already paid.

When I tried to call back to cancel they told me I would be charged a $45 cancelation fee.  I asked them why because no services were rendered and they said service was rendered because I received a phone call and an e-mail.  When I asked to speak to a manager they told me a manager cannot tell me anything different and that I will not receive my money back.  I asked to speak with a manager regardless and they told me a manager was not in the office.  When I asked for the managers name they would only give me her first name (Silvia) when I asked for the last name they would only give me her first initial-W.

I called my cc company to dispute the charge.  At first they said no because the cancelation fee was on their website (and it was in a very sneaky manner).  I felt as though this is why their customer service was so poor because they could get away with their unethical behavior.  I could care less about the $45, but the principle of the matter was really killing me.  So, I called my bank again and this time the guy told me I could renew my passport for free and that he would be happy to reverse my charge.

I feel as though they make all their money from this $45 cancellation fee rather than actually doing a service.  I can only imagine how many people this company has taken advantage of!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2011 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Passport-Online/internet/US-Passport-Online-Online-Passport-company-charged-me-45-to-cancel-a-service-I-did-not-w-758353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Passport Online