Complaint Review: US Periodicals

• Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: tryingtowork — socttsdale Arizona United States of America
US Periodicals
4820 Mill ave tempe, Arizona United States of America

US Periodicals Publishers Service Office taking advantage of the poor and people looking for work "Boiler Room" tempe, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Publishers Service Office

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Useless Employye

I applied for a job as a periodical renewal agent. I was advised the base pay would be $9.00hr pluss bonus. I Asked how long they have been in Tempe. I was advised 4years,that they take care of their employee's and that I would have room for advancement. I was under paid I was short 4hours and paid $7.35 for 10hours of work. When I would call people for renewals the address would be wrong, the system would crash and we would be sent home only being paid min wage.The work environment was hostile at best,the work day is 7.5hrs no lunch and 10min breaks. If you use the bathroom your degraded. Customers would advise address is wrong and had bad experience with the company. I'll update again when I go back to finish the work week and gather more information. So don't apply or buy from them if you want to keep your money working for you. Other names used. Are U.S.Periodical INC 10645 N Tatum BLVD Phoenix AZ 85028

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2012 01:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Periodicals/tempe-Arizona-85224/US-Periodicals-Publishers-Service-Office-taking-advantage-of-the-poor-and-people-looking-f-824349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Periodicals

Publishers Service Office

AUTHOR: Robert C - (United States of America)

Im an employee here and Ben is very upfront as to what his expectations are for his employees. It sounds like this is your first sales job and you have no clue as to what an owner expects. Dont go bashing a company that expects you to perform at a certain ATTAINABLE level. Sounds like you would be better off working at Burger King. We sell to existing customers.. we do not prey on the poor or elderly. We are saving them money on things they enjoy. BUT im sure there are people like you out there that do promise thngs u cant keep... force things on the weak.... that just makes you a weaker person.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Useless Employye

AUTHOR: us periodicals - (United States of America)

Another wonderful employee who can not work in a telemarketing room!! We have been in business for over 5 years and we are still here!!! If we were such a ripoff...why are we still working FOR THE PUBLISHERS!!! Go get a job and quit trying to whine about how you are unsucessful in life!! also...try using your real name instead of hiding when you are lying!!!

Cuban