Complaint Review: US Postal Service Litchfield Park Station

• Updated: Tue, December 29, 2009

• Reported By: Mary — Scottsdale Arizona United States of America
US Postal Service Litchfield Park Station
591 E. Plaza Circle Litchfield Park, Arizona United States of America

US Postal Service Litchfield Park Station refuses to forward mail - says it's my fault - I am NOT getting my mail at new address Litchfield Park, Arizona

*Author of original report: Problem solved...

Since the early 90s I have had a PO Box at the Litchfield Park, AZ 85340 post office.  I moved the first of October.  I put in a change of address to a new PO Box in Scottsdale, AZ - the city where I moved to with a girl at the Litchfield Post Office.  This was done on October 29, 2009  - I submitted the change of address for the former business and also in my personal name, which meant filling out two separate forwarding cards per the girl who was rude and abrupt.  Six weeks later I still had not received ANY forwarded mail until I received an envelope with a few bills from Ron at the Litchfield Post Office.  He had included a note that stated they had the card to forward for my business name but not me personally - this after I had done this on October 29th.  I again filled out the card, mailed it and called him.  He apologized.  To date December 28, 2009 I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY FORWARDED MAIL.  I just learned one of my magazines was cancelled due to the Litchfield Post Office's inability to do their job and forward my mail or at least input my new address into the system.  Meanwhile I have notified everyone I do business with regarding the address change BUT I did not receive Christmas cards from people who said they accidently sent them to the Litchfield address.  There is NO excuse for poor customer service especially coming from the government.  Under normal circumstances it takes 6 weeks to receive forwarded mail but for me it has been months.  When tax season arrives will they forward my 1099 forms from the mortgage company??????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2009 11:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Postal-Service-Litchfield-Park-Station/Litchfield-Park-Arizona-85340/US-Postal-Service-Litchfield-Park-Station-refuses-to-forward-mail-says-its-my-fault--546608. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Postal Service Litchfield Park Station

Problem solved...

AUTHOR: Mary - (United States of America)

It seems the problem is with the main post office in Phoenix who can't seem to update their records not with Litchfield Post Office.  So thank you Litchfield for solving the problem.