Complaint Review: U.S. Postal Service

• Submitted: Tue, January 16, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, January 16, 2007

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
U.S. Postal Service
1820 Harris Houston Road Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

U.S. Postal Service Post office employees fail to deliver mail, mail vanishes, fails to notify of packages waiting at post office. Charlotte North Carolina

At least once a week my mail is delivered to my neighbor. Quite often, it is delivered to the same house number, but on another street in my neighborhood. This is a "Rural Route Carrier" Station. The Station Manager (baby postmaster) says that he has done all he can do regarding the mail handling problem at his station.

The last time I complained to him, I didn't get mail for over a week. My bills, tax bill for my house, taxes for my cars, and even my License Plates for my new car failed to show up in my mailbox.

When confronted with this, the Manager simply stated that errors happen. Not at this rate. My Mother and Grandmother worked for the post office as regular carriers and clerks for more than 30 years each, and they would have been fired for so many mistakes. Even the union wouldn't be able to defend them in these circumstances.

Shouldn't postal employees be required to have more accountability for the mail they are supposed to deliver?

Wade
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2007 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Postal-Service/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28262/US-Postal-Service-Post-office-employees-fail-to-deliver-mail-mail-vanishes-fails-to-no-230798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Postal Service