Complaint Review: U.S. Postal Service

• Submitted: Tue, January 18, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, January 19, 2005

• Reported By:new york New York
U.S. Postal Service
http://www.usps.com New York, New York U.S.A.

U.S. Postal Service Registered mail disappeared into thin air! ripoff New York New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Same thing happened to me..

It is now three weeks since a very important document was mailed via Registered Mail, with tracking number, from Connecticut to New York City. Tracking shows the departure scan of the letter being sent out from Connecticut, and then... poof! No arrival scan anywhere after 3 weeks. I can walk from CT to NYC faster.

US Post Office in CT says that it should be in NYC, US Post Office in NYC says good luck, we never got it. And these idiots wanted us, at one time, to pay for email?? (Hey USPS, nice rumor-excuse coverup, by the way. I think I'll use Fedex from now on.)

David
new york, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2005 09:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Postal-Service/New-York-New-York-10003/US-Postal-Service-Registered-mail-disappeared-into-thin-air-ripoff-New-York-New-York-127956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Postal Service

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Same thing happened to me..

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

David,

I've had two separate items lost (stolen??) during shipment via USPS in one year. Of the packages that I lost, one was mailed from WV and the other one from CA, so I don't think it matters where they are send from. You aren't safe anywhere.

I was at the post office today and heard a lady telling the postal worker that she was sending out gift cards, again, since the first ones were lost in the mail. I think it was a bad idea for her to tell the workers what she was mailing. I hope she has better luck this time. I was really worried when I sent my parents their x-mas gift this year. I sent it priority mail, supposed to be 2-3 days and it took 8 mail days. They told me it would probably take more like 3-4 days, but 8? Why did I spend the extra money?? I'm with you...I'm going with Fedex next time too!