Complaint Review: US SEARCH

• Submitted: Mon, August 08, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, August 08, 2011

• Reported By: Tami — Macomb Michigan United States of America
600 Corporate Pointe, Suite 220 Culver City, California United States of America

US SEARCH $39.90 for ONE reverse Phone Number Culver City, California

US Search advertises any search for .98 cents.  Once a search is completed apparently you have 48 hours to cancel your membership or US SEARCH will start billing you 19.95 per month as a member.

The way I found out was through a cell phone bank alert notice which came 1 hour after the reverse number was ran. US Search didn't even wait 48 hours to bill and the deduction of $19.95 and came out of my bank within the hour. I called customer services to see what this charge was for and I was assured that the amount would be returned to my account since I did not want to become a member and did cancel within the allotted time period.

Now I have a second charge of 19.95 billed today 8/8/2011. This is simply a bait and switch operation opened to get account numbers and bill bogus charges. I'm out 39.90 with no end in site and will have to cancel this account to get these charges off off my card which I did not authorize. Today 8/8/2011 the operator at US Search said they had NO record of any cancellation and they could only offer a $5.00 refund. This means they scammed me out of $34.90 for ONE reverse phone number. This place is a RiP Off....stay away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2011 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-SEARCH/Culver-City-California-90230/US-SEARCH-3990-for-ONE-reverse-Phone-Number-Culver-City-California-762419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US SEARCH