Complaint Review: US Search

• Reported By: Ace — United States of America
US Search

US Search Deceptive practice....Fraudulent business practices Internet

*UPDATE Employee: US Search Customer Support

I decided to try a supposed 2 day trial at US Search in attempts to locate an old friend and I did a search for the person and decided that this wasnt something I would use alot. I then canceled the supposed membership and considered it over. 7 days later I receive a charge of 14.95 on my credit card(no wonder everyone wants your card these days!). I called up the customer service person, and explained that I was just using a 2 day trial and wondered why I was being charged? She explained that the 2 day trial does NOT COVER a search even though the trail states that it gives unlimited use of the system for 2 days of the trial period. I asked 2 different times for a refund as this was obviously poor practice and wanted to move on with my day!

I was then put on hold and she returned only to read me something off of script and explain she wasnt going to refund my charge. I asked why she wasnt going to refund and she stated" we dont refund" What kind of business does not allow for an error on their part??? Please avoid this comapny and tell your friends and family to tell everyone about this place.......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2012 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Search/internet/US-Search-Deceptive-practiceFraudulent-business-practices-Internet-913427. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Search

US Search Customer Support

AUTHOR: US Search Customer Support - (United States of America)

We apologize for any inconvenience arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

If you still need assistance, please visit the contact us page on the US Search website for a variety of
options to contact Customer Support.

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.