Complaint Review: US Search.com Inc

• Reported By: Travesty — Jackson Mississippi United States of America
US Search.com Inc
600 Corporate Pointe Culver City, California United States of America

US Search.com Inc Too Transparent Culver City, California

I mailed an opt-out form to the company in 2008 to have my name taken off their list. My name is still listed in 2010. I mailed the form US Search.com had listed on their web site, and that the company says would remove my name from their database in August of 2008. The company as of 12/11/10 has not taken my name of it list. US Search has updated its information but still have my name listed, and where the company gets some of the information I have no ideal.  There is false and made up information listed there, and this is the information the company is providing the country and consumers with. I checked other names that I know and the company has some name listed twice, but under two different names, I doubt if they have documents in two different names.  I sent a form to the Attorney General Office in California because I believed the office could help in getting my name of the company web site. The company has listed some false and incorrect information and this company is in the business of selling information. I do not know how or where they got some of there information or why the information is needed. The company now wants consumers to pay to get their names of the its web site.

The Attorney General Office did nothing but gave excuses and said there was nothing they could do. There is no wonder California has such a problem with stalkers you would think that this would be high priority with the Attorney General Office. The Attorney General has now managed to become the next Governor of California (Jerry Brown) I am sure that he wont do much in this office either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2010 08:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Searchcom-Inc/Culver-City-California-90230/US-Searchcom-Inc-Too-Transparent-Culver-City-California-670640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Search.com Inc