Complaint Review: U.S. Treasury Grant Dept.

• Submitted: Thu, June 14, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, June 14, 2012

• Reported By: KATOLA — Metamora Illinois United States of America
U.S. Treasury Grant Dept.
201 SW. Independence Washington D.C., District of Columbia United States of America

U.S. Treasury Grant Dept. $7000.00 dollar grant was issued to me Washington D.C., District of Columbia

*Consumer Comment: FYI

Recieved a call from a guy claiming he worked for the U.S. Treasury Grant Dept. He stated they were going to give me $7000. for living expenses which could not be used for recreational or pleasure. He also told me that the money would wired to an account of my choosing in which he would give me Grant Conformation Number. The money would be deposited in said account within 45 min.

I new this was to good to be true so I started to ask questions. First I asked him his name since he sounded like he was either Indian (India) or Arab. He said his name was Williams Petersen, I had him spell it out since alot of the jargan he was spewing was hard to understand. He kept asking for my bank account and routing numbers since I said we could put it into my bank. I told him "I can't just give anyone my information" he said,"you could trust me," over and over through out our conversation. [continued below]....
..... I then asked for the address and he gave me 200 Independence SW. Washington D.C. I then asked for his phone number where I could reach him at he then gave me 202-621-0123. I then asked for the grant conformation number he said,"I can't give you that until after you give me your account info". I told him that I would call him back after I check him out, at that point his tone changed. He hung up before I was done talking, I could hear that he was frustrated since the call lasted for 5 min. I Bing searched it and scam came up with Ripoff Reports website attached to it so here I am with my first report. Thank You for this web site and I'll be back again, I'm sure

Sincerely............................................KATOLA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2012 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Treasury-Grant-Dept/Washington-DC-District-of-Columbia-/US-Treasury-Grant-Dept-700000-dollar-grant-was-issued-to-me-Washington-DC-Distric-897516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Treasury Grant Dept.

FYI

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

I'm glad you did not get phished by this crook. This is a type of phishing. What you did is what others should be doing when they get a call like this.

By the way, any information given by the person (name, address, phone number) could be fake. The person could have read it out from any thing because it cannot be proven easily at the time the person is on the phone with a victim. That's just for your information.