Complaint Review: US Treasury Grant Dept

• Updated: Fri, January 11, 2013

• Reported By: Mary — Keyes Oklahoma United States of America
US Treasury Grant Dept
201 SW Independence Washington, District of Columbia United States of America

US Treasury Grant Dept a solicitor called me on my cell phone telling me that I was being awarded an 8,400. grant from the US Treasury Dept.& then asked for personal account information to deposit money.He is supposed to ca Washington, District of Columbia

*Consumer Comment: i got called too

I received a call on my cell phone 1-11-2013 telling me that I had been awarded a grant in the sum of $8,400.00. HE said that the US Treasury had randomly picked my name and I could use the GRANT how ever I wanted. Never have to pay it back. HE was to hard to understand so I asked him to call me back tomorrow 1-12-2013. He pushed for more personal information bank account numbers, card numbers he even said that the money could be put on a Wal-Mart card. Again I told him to call me tomorrow. I now know it is a scam and I wont be answering his call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2013 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Treasury-Grant-Dept/Washington-District-of-Columbia-/US-Treasury-Grant-Dept-a-solicitor-called-me-on-my-cell-phone-telling-me-that-I-was-being-995364. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Treasury Grant Dept

i got called too

AUTHOR: jesseking8169 - ()

A  Mrs. KAREN JONES also called me about a gov. grant in which ONLY 15000 people were being selected to recieve. Before calling her I had gotten a call from a man from India telling me to contact his supervisor, his number appeared on my phone,220-666-6600, when i called it back the number was disconnected. Her number was 202-470-1385, she told me i had to send $408 via Western Union and that she would stay on the line while I did this, however when I asked if I could pay once the grant went through she snapped at me saying she would not be able to send me money if I didn't send her money. I then proceeded to tell her it sounded like a scam and she hung up. I hope others are reading these posts before giving info, because i failed at doing so, Because I have been applying for grants for college, and now have to pay for a new card. Thank GOD my account balance was zero on my pre-paid card.