Complaint Review: US Treasury Grants Dept.

• Submitted: Sat, August 25, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, August 25, 2012

• Reported By: Kimberly — Santa Clara California United States of America
US Treasury Grants Dept.
000 Washington, Washington DC United States of America

US Treasury Grants Dept. Peter Clark Intent to FRAUD those most vulnerable Financially with offer of Federal Grant money that would potentially help in a profound way. Washington, Washington DC

*Consumer Comment: Umm

I received a phone call from 203.756.9834 from a man with a very strong accent introducing himself from the US Treasury Grants Department.  He informed me that a Grant was approved for my benefit in the amount of $9200.00. The Grant was approved for my receipt due to the fact I had no Felony arrest record nor Bankruptcy Filed.  I was given two secret security identity codes (one at beginning of call -- SI286 the second towards end of call -- 325).  I was told to take this phone number and once this call ended to call this phone number 202.470.3185 and ask for this man's immediate Manager/Supervisor -- Mr. Peter Clark.  I was asked to which financial institution did I want these funds be electronically posted... the man asked for the Bank name routing number and account number and exact name on the account.  Once, the confirmation of bank information and phone number of Manager with the US Treasury Grant Department and the two security identity codes have been made I was strongly encouraged at the end of phone conversation to call and speak with Peter Clark who would ask for the codes I was given and within forty-five minutes these $9200.00 of US Treasury Funds would be Credited to my Bank Account.  By the end of this original call from 203.756.9834 I knew something was not legitimate and fraudulent.  To be sure I waited several hours before making any calls.  Four hours later I called the 202.470.3185 the phone just rang there was no voicemail or recorded message identifing the phone number.  I then also called the phone number that originally called me 203.756.9834 and I received a message that the number dialed was not in service. This confirmed my instincts that an act to commit Fraud was at play and they lost at their shameful game.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2012 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Treasury-Grants-Dept/Washington-Washington-DC-/US-Treasury-Grants-Dept-Peter-Clark-Intent-to-FRAUD-those-most-vulnerable-Financially-wit-932578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Treasury Grants Dept.

Umm

AUTHOR: willobi - (USA)

If they have all of your bank account info, they got exactly what they wanted. If they haven't already they will clean out your account shortly.

Pencil