Complaint Review: US Vacation

• Submitted: Fri, July 30, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, July 30, 2004

• Reported By:northvale New Jersey
US Vacation
5251 - 110th Avenue North Suite 116 Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

usvacation US Vacation Timeshare - Vacation Club Sale rip-off Clearwater Florida

Back in September 2003, a representative from US Vacation called me to see if I wanted to sell my Royal Holiday Vacation Club Memebership. They indicated that for $698 they would post my vacation club ad on the website, and that they would get a buyer for the vacation property for at least 20% more than I purchased it and That I would have to do nothing. The gentleman nicely pointed out that they normally sell within 6-8 weeks and that he would handle working with the buyers to obtain the proper financing/mortgae, yada, yada.

This vacation club membership cost approxiamtely 30,000 so I was more than interested to try and sell it because I was purchasing a new home and I could use the cash.

Well needless to say, it is now July 2004 and they have my $698 and I have not received one offer on the property, nor have they been in contact with me, except for when I inquire to them via email. I have requested that my money be returned however of course their contract says that they make no guarantees that the property will sell and of course they take your credit card information over the phone long before you physically see the contract, so I didn't see the fine print.

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM. Unfortuantely they make $700 on each fool like me. They don't need to ever sell a thing. There are over 5000 properties listed on their site that have been there since I fell for it. Nice chunk of change just for putting 5 lines of text on a website, hard to believe that that costs $700.

northvale, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2004 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Vacation/Clearwater-Florida/usvacation-US-Vacation-Timeshare-Vacation-Club-Sale-rip-off-Clearwater-Florida-101404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Vacation