Complaint Review: US Work Alliance - Testing Authority - Netspan Group

• Submitted: Sun, July 20, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 07, 2008

• Reported By:Hilo Hawaii
US Work Alliance - Testing Authority - Netspan Group
www.netspangroup.com Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

US Work Alliance - Testing Authority - Netspan Group Fraudulent Postal Ad, No Customer Service or Support Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Netspan Group Should NOT Be Mistaken For A Reputable Company. Netspan Group SHOULD Be Recognized As A SCAM!

*UPDATE Employee: Netspan Group should not be mistaken for Testing Authority - Access Career Development - US Work Alliance - Exam Services

Letter Sent to US Alliance:

To Whom it may concern,
My husband ordered your product on 6/27/08, the charge went through on 6/30/08. He has yet to receive his packet. When he called the number in the newspaper for USPS jobs, he asked if there were openings. The operator said there were. Upon calling the post office, checking the postal service website, and investigating your company, we find that there are NO positions available. When I look at the refund policy, it states that no used copies of materials may be returned, and that you can only get a refund if you fail the test. How are you going to PASS the test without using the materials??!! I have been on hold with the contact number for 64 minutes and counting. I am expecting a FULL refund, including shipping and handling, as we have not received the product. If I do not receive my refund immediately, I will not only report this scam to the BBB, FTC, and FBI, but I will make it my personal hobby to send an email to the editor of every paper in the US. I will make it very clear in that email exactly what has occured, and provide the exact text of not only the ad that we were defrauded with, but every other ad that your company places. I will also remain on hold until I receive a response, and will include in my email the length of time I was placed on hold. I am saddened and disgusted with the actions of your company in this very difficult economic environment.

UPDATE: After being transferred to Customer Service and waiting on hold for over an hour, I hung up and called the main number. The woman who took my call offered to transfer me again, but when I mentioned that I had just been on hold for over an hour, said "Oh, our customer service is closed on weekends" and gave me a number to call on Monday....When I asked why the previous operator transferred me, she said they "Must not have known". Unbelievable.

Victim #???
Hilo, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2008 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Work-Alliance-Testing-Authority-Netspan-Group/Norcross-Georgia/US-Work-Alliance-Testing-Authority-Netspan-Group-Fraudulent-Postal-Ad-No-Customer-Ser-353401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Work Alliance - Testing Authority - Netspan Group

AUTHOR: Terry - (USA)

When I called after the year had passed and no test was offered, I was told by a Ms Dotson (who claimed to be a manager) that I was no longer eligible for a refund because it had been more than 12 months since I made the purchase.  So they won't give you a refund before the year is up, and when the year is up they say it's too late.  You can clearly see from the policy posted above that although a specific timeframe is given for obtaining an RA number if you don't score at least 70% on the test, there is no timeframe given for not being able to take the test except that you have to wait at least a year.  It is quite obvious that this company and the people that represent it know that they are cheating people and they are using false advertising to lure them in.  It is worth noting that their current refund policy does not provide recourse for those who are not able to take the test.  As far as I know, the Postal Service (like every other company) is not hiring but rather cutting back.  The only jobs I see available are temporary part time positions at a much lower rate for which no testing is required.  This operation is nothing more than a scam designed to prey on those with limited resources trying to better themselves.  Any good company will stand behind its' products and services with a reasonable refund policy.  The only thing these people stand behind are the internet links and classified ads they use to reel people in.  They promise things they have absolutely no intention of delivering and will refuse to honor their so called money back guarantee.  It's just too bad that this money is not tax deductible as a charitable gift, because if you give them money you are in effect donating it to their cause, whatever that may be.

I can vouch for this customer's complaint 100%.  This disclaimer would be laughable if not for the fact that people are being cheated out of their hard earned money.  This is their standard canned response to the many customer complaints against these con artists.  OK, most of the time you do get the package, but it is hardly worth what they are charging, and they do not honor their refund policy.  Once you find out what they are up to, it is usually too late to reverse it.  This is what they count on.  In fact, they have changed the refund policy so that you are no longer entitled to a refund for not being able to take the exam.  I can tell you that there are no Postal Service jobs available except for temporary part time fill in jobs at a much lower rate for which no testing is required.  In fact, the Postal Service has changed their application process and it is now entirely on line.  You have to go to their website and register to check for openings in your area.  Their testing process has changed and they no longer give the test and announce it as they previously did.  I was on the list to take the test and the Postal Service sent me a letter saying that I was no longer on a list because of this change and referred me to the website.  I doubt this company is telling people about this change.  However, you must be careful when you are on the USPS website, or any website where you see Post Office openings available, so that you don't click on one of their links and get sucked into this scam!  BEWARE OF NETSPAN GROUP OR ANY OF ITS' AFFILIATES!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Although Netspan Group is a similar company to its competitors, they are the only company out there that does business the right way. They do not mislead customers in any way. Don't beleive me, call them and see for yourself. Netspan Group has many strategic partnerships with major publishers. They do not have a home grown curriculum like its competitors Testing Authority - Access Career Development - US Work Alliance - Exam Services - all the same company.

So the next time you have a complaint against its competitors, DO NOT include this company in your complaint!

Netspan Group Disclaimer:

Netspan Group, Inc is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the U.S. Postal Service or any other local, state, or government agency. We make no guarantee of when the U.S Postal Service will offer the exam in your area, nor do we guarantee that you will get a job. In order to be considered for employment with the U.S. Postal Service, all applicants must first register for, then pass the Postal Battery Exam with a score of 70% or higher. Passing the Postal Battery Exam is required to be placed on the list of qualified candidates for a position.

As an applicant, you are only allowed to take the exam once in a calendar year, so it is very important that you prepare for the exam in advance. Our registration package will help you score higher guaranteed. This statement is backed by our refund policy.