Complaint Review: US Work Alliance

• Submitted: Tue, April 28, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 28, 2009

• Reported By:St. Louis Missouri
US Work Alliance
P.O. Box 923088 Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

US Work Alliance Heartless; Non-caring; d**n good scam artists; another Madhoff Norcross Georgia

I was looking for part-time work, so I found an ad in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch paper about making $20 an hour working at the post office. All I had to do was send in $120 for the material and shipping and handling.

I got my book followed the instructions about how to go about taking the exam for a job. I took the exam in March of 2008 (hopefully, the exam was on the up and up and was legitimately given by the US Postal Service).

About 4 to 5 weeks later, I received in the mail a Notice of Rating - Eligible. I had passed by making at or over the 70 required to pass. I had until after 10-27-09 to write the examination center and before 04-25-10 to do so. I made several calls to see if any positions were opened.

To begin with, I only wanted to do something like sort mail or mail clerk (Exam 473). When I called US Work Alliance, the person to whom I spoke with said it would be better to take both exams to which if I got my foot "through the door", I could put in for other positions.

I have been calling about every 4 montlhs. When I tried calling the 800 number, that's when I found out that it was all a "rip-off". Is there any way for me to get my $100 back?

Bonita J.
St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2009 05:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Work-Alliance/Norcross-Georgia-30010-3088/US-Work-Alliance-Heartless-Non-caring-damn-good-scam-artists-another-Madhoff-Norcross-G-447065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Work Alliance