Complaint Review: US Work Alliance

• Submitted: Thu, March 13, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 25, 2008

• Reported By:Bloomington Indiana
US Work Alliance
www.usworkalliance.com Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

US Work Alliance This company misrepresents itself. They are not contracted through the post office. Norcross Georgia

*Author of original report: This company did refund me my money promptly.

I would've been OK with this company if the liar who I spoke with had flat out told me he was selling me a study guide, and than let me make a decision as to whether or not I wanted to purchase it.

The person I spoke with misled me into believing that they were a company the post office is contracted with to administer the USPS exam, and that I was paying to register for it. After being told how much money the materials were, I asked the liar if I had to purchase those materials, and they told me I did.

Afterwards, I decided to talk to a mentor who works for the post office and asked them why the "registration fee" ... is so much. I found out I was ripped off, that what I paid for was a STUDY GUIDE. The liar I talked to on the phone told me I would be receiving a study guide, but they did not make it clear that that is what they were selling me. I'm a d**n graduate student finishing up a masters degree. I would not have paid $130 to prepare for a USPS exam. I could pass that thing in my sleep.

US Work Alliance. Your company is dishonest. Be straightforward and let people know up front who you are and what you are selling.

Uhuru
Bloomington, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2008 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Work-Alliance/Norcross-Georgia-30010/US-Work-Alliance-This-company-misrepresents-itself-They-are-not-contracted-through-the-p-317691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Work Alliance

This company did refund me my money promptly.

AUTHOR: Uhuru - (U.S.A.)

I still take issue with the way this company markets and represents itself. I still believe they sustain themselves off of DELIBERATELY misleading people. My biggest personal issue is the "registration fee" they ask you to pay. It's pure b******t to me for them to say they work hard to distinguish themselves from the USPS when they ask you to pay a "registration fee". Most people are going to think they're paying to register for an exam (that they don't have to pay to register for), not for a STUDY GUIDE. And, their advertisements are going to (mis)lead most people to believe they are directly connected to the USPS.

However, in spite of me still being annoyed by the $30 in shipping & handling I lost to have my "registration fee" shipped to me (which I definitely think is questionable). I told a representative that I felt I was misled and would be sending their materials back as soon as I received them, which I did (I didn't even open the box), and I was promptly refunded the cost of their product.